The International Code Council just released the 2018 International Building Code (IBC) in August 2017.
Our goal is to add all required codes to RISA software as soon as they are required by the individual states. The good news is that most of the material codes are already incorporated in RISA. Here you can see the list of codes that are currently in the RISA programs and coming soon as required by the IBC 2018.
Material Specific Codes
The 2018 IBC refers to the following material specific codes:
- ACI 318-2014 Concrete Code: Currently available in RISA programs!
- TMS 402-2016 Masonry Code: Currently available in RISA programs!
- AISI S100-2016 Cold Formed Steel Code: Currently available in RISA programs!
- ADMI 2015 Aluminum Code: Currently available in RISA programs!
- AISC 360-2016 Hot Rolled Steel Code: In development and coming soon.
- ASCE 7-2016 Loading Code: In development and coming soon.
- AWC NDS 2018 Wood Code: This code has not yet been published yet, but as soon as it is available we will begin development immediately.
Local State Requirements
Many states do not yet require compliance with the 2018 IBC. The ICC publishes a report for which editions are adopted by each state. However, their latest report is from July 2017, right before the 2018 IBC was released. Therefore, you will want to check with your local jurisdiction to see which version is required.