The Controller is a key contributor to the success of the overall company. In partnership with the CFO, the Controller is responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with the financial community, vendors and clients, the maintenance of the company’s fiscal records, preparation of financial reports, and managing the Accounting Team.
As a member of our team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Acts as Ambassador of the Company
- Representing and defining “Company values” when dealing with key stakeholders such as, Parent Company, Customers, Vendors, Financial Institutions, Govt authorities, etc.
- Responsible for management of the accounting function.
- Overseeing the maintenance of and maintaining books of accounts in accordance with GAAP/IFRS and other compliance requirements, including external and internal audits.
- Responsible for Cash Management and Cash Forecasting
- Assists with preparing reports which outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Assist the CFO with development and implementation of accounting principles and procedures.
- Responsible for Accounting team management
- Overseeing payroll, accounts payable, and receivable functions.
- Responsible for aspiration management of the team through mentoring and counseling.
- Evaluating the performance of personnel in the accounting department.
- Identifying and recommending training and development needs of team members.
We’re looking for a team member who we will enjoy working with and who offers the following:
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (high emphasis placed on Excel skills)
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of accounting standards.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven leadership and management supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to sit at desk and work on computer for several hours at a time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 5 + years experience in general accounting and financial positions with increasing responsibilities.
- 2+ years experience as a Controller working for small to medium size company.
- 2+ years experience leading a team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partially remote interview process
- Masks provided and required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
How to apply
RISA Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of RISA to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.