Connection design according to the new AISC 360-16 (15th Ed.) Steel Manual has now been implemented in RISAConnection.
To select this code for your design, simply choose either LRFD or ASD from the Solution tab within the Global Project Settings.
The addition of the new 15th Edition code, includes the following updates/changes from the previous 14th Edition:
- New materials for members and plates per section A3.1a.
- Updated available bolt materials per section A3.3.
- Updated nominal hole dimensions per Table J3.3.
- New out of plane yielding checks for column web connections.
- Updated the HSS connection checks per the revised Chapter K tables (for more information see the RISANews article, Updates to HSS Connections)
To see a full comparison of the revisions made in the 15th Edition code, visit the document on the AISC’s website by clicking here.