RISA-3D has automated tools to create models with difficult geometries including arcs, trusses and even circular plate models just to name a few. Using the High Level Generation tools make it quick and easy to construct a 360-degree dome.
- Select the High Level Generation button and then select the Circular Arc option.
- Select 0 degrees as the Start Angle and enter 90 degrees for the Sweep Angle.
- Set the Rotation Axis to Z.
- Set the Arc Radius to 10 feet. Set the Arc Increments to 10 which will break up the arc into 10 members.
- Make sure to select a Section Set before pressing OK.
With one arc created, the next step is to copy the arc.
- Select the Copy Rotate tool.
- Set the Rotation Axis to Y.
- Set the Rotation Angle to 22.5 degrees.
- Set the # Increments to 1.
- Draw plates between the two rows of members.
Lastly, use the Copy Rotate tool to create the plates around the dome.
- Rotate Angle = 360 degrees – 22.5 degrees = 337.5 degrees
- #Increments = 337.5 degrees / 22.5 degrees = 15 Increments