Strength Design (LRFD) according to the AWC-NDS 2015/2018 code has been implemented into RISAFloor v14.0. To select this code for your design, simply choose this code from the Codes tab within Global Model Settings.
After solution, the results are available in the Design Results spreadsheet. You can also verify the code selection used in your design in the member Detail Report.
Some notable differences between the ASD and LRFD design includes:
- The use of the Load Duration Factor, CD (per NDS 2015/2018 section 2.3.2) is no longer applied.
- The use of the Format Conversion Factor, KF (per NDS 2015/2018 section 2.3.5)
- The use of the Resistance Factor, ɸ (per NDS 2015/2018 section 2.3.6)
- The use of the Time Effect Factor, λ (per NDS 2015/2018 section 2.3.7) will be added as an input in the Load Combinations spreadsheet.
- A factor of 0.8 is used when designing wood wall panel sheathing according to NDS SDPWS 2015/2018 section 4.3.3.