October 30, 2020
AISC 341-16 & AISC 358-16 now included in RISA-3D
The AISC 341-16 and AISC 358-16 Edition changes have been implemented into RISA-3D v19.
To select this code for your design, simply choose the AISC 360-16 code from the Codes tab within the Model Settings. Previously, when the AISC 360-16 code was selected, the seismic detailing checks still used the AISC 341/385-10 codes.
A few notable changes in RISA between AISC 341/358-10 and AISC 341/358-16 include:
- Calculation of limiting width-to-thickness ratios in Table D1.1
- Calculation for bracing requirements for moderate ductility members or high ductility members
- Calculation of sum of expected flexural strength of beams at the plastic hinge location for special moment frames
- Calculation of required shear strength of connections.
- Calculation of expected compressive strength for braced frames.
- Use of ASTM A1085/A1085M for HSS shapes